All documents and forms are subject to revision – download and review the current version prior to each application.
- Certificate of Occupancy / Fire Inspection Checklist:
Lists common Fire Code issues affecting commercial occupancies. Compliance with the items on this list will help the customer prepare for a Certificate of Occupancy, licensing, or other Fire Code inspection. The form does not list all potential violations.
- Fire Department Fee Schedule:
Resolution 08-14 establishes fire prevention fees, affecting permits and inspections.
- Fire Code Amendments:
Ordinance 4007 amends and adopts the 2012 International Fire Code. This document contains those amendments.
Fire Protection Systems:
- Fire Protection System Permits Policy - [UPDATED April 28, 2015]:
Submittal, permitting, and inspection requirements for all Fire Protection Systems – please read carefully.
- Fire Protection System Permit Application:- [UPDATED April 20, 2015]:
Application must accompany each submittal for a Fire Protection System Permit review.
- Backflow Prevention Assembly Test and Maintenance Report:
Required for each Backflow Prevention Assembly installed under a Fire Protection System Permit.
- Duct Smoke Detectors Policy:
Important information regarding all duct smoke detectors. Includes important installation and testing requirements.
- Fire Service Mains, Fire Hydrants, and Fire Department Connections Policy - [UPDATED March 16, 2015]:
Additional requirements for Fire Service Mains, Fire Hydrants and Fire Department Connections.
- Hood Suppression System Submittal Example - [ADDED January 28, 2015]:
This example contains the minimum information necessary for a thorough review, and subsequent approval of a hood suppression system permit application.
- Flammable and Combustible Liquid Storage at Construction Sites - Construction Permit Application and Policy - [Updated October 6, 2014]:
Permit is required to install temporary flammable and combustible liquid storage tanks at construction sites. This form includes both the Permit Application and the Policy.
- Security Gates Across Fire Apparatus Access Roads Policy:
Security Gates across fire apparatus access roads, must comply with this policy.
- Security Gates Across Fire Apparatus Access Roads Construction Permit Application:
Application must accompany each submittal for security gates across fire apparatus access roads.
- Spray Room, Dip Tank or Booth Construction Requirements - 2012 IFC Chapter 24 - See 2012 International Fire Code, available for viewing online HERE, for purchase from ICCSAFE.ORG, or for viewing at the Richardson Fire Department, and the Richardson Library. Also see amendments;
- Spray Room, Dip Tank or Booth Construction Permit Application:
A permit is required prior to installation of any non-exempt spray room, dip tank, or both.
- Stationary Storage Battery Systems Policy:
Stationary Storage Battery Systems must comply with this policy and 2012 IFC Section 608.
- Stationary Storage Battery System Requirements - 2012 IFC Section 608 - See 2012 International Fire Code, available for viewing online HERE, for purchase from ICCSAFE.ORG, or for viewing at the Richardson Fire Department, and the Richardson Library. Also see amendments;
- Stationary Storage Battery System Permit Application:
Application must accompany each submittal for Stationary Storage Battery System Permit review.
- Radio Receiver Order Form:
Gate contractors installing approved radio-controlled openers can use this form to order radio receivers programmed to operate on approved radio frequencies.
Other Forms and Information: