The City Secretary's office has several functional areas of responsibility:
The city secretary attends City Council meetings and work sessions, documents City Council actions, certifies the authenticity of records, reviews City Council agenda items for completeness, prepares minutes, and maintains the City’s legislative history.
The city secretary is the election official for the city and oversees the administration of city elections to ensure compliance with all city, state, and federal election laws and policies and to ensure that city elections are conducted in a fair and impartial manner.
Boards and Commissions
The city secretary facilitates the board and commission appointment process by receiving and maintaining resumes submitted by citizens for consideration by City Council.
Records Management Program
The city secretary coordinates the records management program and monitors the off-site records storage center. The records management program provides for the identification, maintenance, retention, security, disposition and preservation of city records. The program is established by State law and city code.
Code of Ordinances of the City of Richardson
The City of Richardson has contracted with Municipal Code Corporation to make the City’s Code of Ordinances available through the internet to all interest parties. By following this link you can access our Code and also that of other cities across Texas and the United States.
Other duties performed:
- Administer open records requests
- Provide support to other city departments
- Provide assistance to the public
- Prepare ceremonial items
- Supervise the codification, supplement and distribution of the Code of Ordinances
- Maintain the official records of the city including ordinances, resolutions, contracts, deeds, easements and other legal documents
- Administers Oath of Office
- Attest contracts and other legal instruments when executed by the authorized officers of the City of Richardson
- Process and administer claims filed against the city
- Perform such other duties as may be required by the city council, city manager, City Charter or State and Federal law
Conflicts Disclosure Statement
Conflict of Interest Questionnaire