|The Richardson Fire Department is a dynamic organization of highly trained and dedicated professionals committed to the delivery of quality services. We provide a proactive approach to training, planning and public education. We strive to achieve a greater quality of life for our citizens.
The Richardson Fire Department is organized into two (2) divisions: Administration and Operations. The functions of the Fire Department are fire prevention through public education and code enforcement, fire control and extinguishment, hazardous materials response, rescue operations, and emergency medical service. Working together, these divisions ensure the citizens of Richardson quality services delivered in an efficient and effective manner.
- Richardson got its first volunteer fire department in 1926.
- The department has grown from 4 paid firefighters in 1956 to 160 paid fire personnel and 3 civilian staff today.
- Richardson’s Emergency Medical Services began when the department put its first ambulance in service during the 1950’s. Richardson is credited with being one of the first departments to run a fire department ambulance. The Richardson Fire Department is a full service emergency response organization.
- We provide fire suppression, emergency medical service, specialized rescue, hazardous materials response, fire prevention and emergency preparedness planning to the community.
- The Richardson Fire Department is a progressive organization that has adapted to change and will continue to apply new technology and training to maintain a constant state of readiness whether it is fire, medical, rescue or the prevention of injury and accidents.
136 N. Greenville Ave.
Richardson, TX 75081
Monday - Friday 8:00-5:00
Fire Marshal Office
Call 911 for Emergencies
Last updated: 2/27/2017 9:08:41 AM