The Metro Safe Room Rebate Program offers North Central Texas residents living or developing in one of the four metro counties (Collin, Dallas, Denton, or Tarrant) an opportunity to qualify to receive half the cost of construction for an individual safe room, up to $3,000. The Safe Room Rebates are funded with FEMA supplied Hazard Mitigation Assistance grants and will be managed by the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG). For more information, please view this presentation about the program.
- Applications were accepted for existing program funds on June 5, 2013 and closed quickly due to the high volume of interest and program limitations (749 applications received and 110 spaces available per county).
- A wait list has opened for Collin County and Dallas County residents. Please visit http://www.nctsaferoom.com to submit your information for the wait list.
- The wait list will assess demand for the program and allow our region to apply for additional program funds.
- Upon receipt of any additional funds, the wait list will be used as a first listed, first served tool. The region will notify applications of their acceptance.
FULL APPLICATION PROCESS (Name and address only required for wait list):
You will need the following documents:
City of Richardson Floodplain Verification:
Richardson City Hall, Ste.204
| APPLICATION PROCESS DETAILS: 2 WAYS TO APPLY
Go To: http://www.nctsaferoom.com/
- Prompted to answer questions confirming eligibility
- Create a user profile as part of the application
- Upload required documentation
- Submit user profile as your application
Hard Copy Applications AND Floodplain Verification Forms can be picked up at:
City of Richardson
411 W. Arapaho
Richardson, TX 75080-4551
NOTE: The application process is currently closed, but a wait list is available for Collin County and Dallas County residents.