From the IRS:
As you may be aware, IRS appropriations were significantly cut in the 2015 Omnibus Appropriations bill recently passed by Congress. Unfortunately this puts us in a position where we have very few options. We want to honor our commitment to you by providing some key products, but we cannot deliver nearly what we have in the past.
For this filing season, the library will offer the following products:
- Forms 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ (a copy of the instructions for each form is available for viewing at the reference desk)
- Publication 17 (copies are available for checkout for one week - see the reference desk)
- 1099 Miscellaneous (copies are limited to five)
Other forms are available
- from the IRS Website: www.IRS,gov/Forms
- by calling the IRS at 1-800-829-3676
- can be printed by the library staff for $0.15 per page
- or check the North Dallas IRS Office
4050 Alpha Road #170
Farmers Branch, TX 75244
Open M-F 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Free Tax Help from AARP
IRS trained volunteers will help with basic tax returns, particularly for elderly, handicapped and non-English speaking taxpayers. Please bring your tax records relating to the 2014 tax year and your 2013 tax return.
- Library Basement Program Room
Mondays, February 2 - April 13
11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Richardson Senior Center
820 Arapaho Rd.
Fridays, February 6 - April 10
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.