The City of Richardson will close its public library and parks and recreation facilities at 7 p.m. this evening due to severe winter weather forecast to impact the Richardson area late this evening. The City will also delay the opening of several parks and recreation facilities tomorrow due to the forecast for hazardous weather. The Richardson Tennis Center and Senior Center will be closed tomorrow.
Solid waste services may experience a delayed start Thursday morning, but trash, recycling and Brush and Bulky Item Collection (BABIC) services are expected to take place as scheduled. Any collection routes not completed Thursday and/or Friday will be scheduled for a Saturday pick up.
Meetings scheduled to take place at City Hall in the early evening will be held as scheduled.
Please see below for facility operating hours information:
City Facility Schedule
Wednesday, March 4
PARKS AND RECREATION FACILITIES AND PUBLIC LIBRARY WILL CLOSE AT 7 P.M. TONIGHT DUE TO FORECASTED SEVERE WINTER WEATHER
* The Richardson Civic Center/City Hall will remain open this evening to host scheduled Charter Review Commission and Sign Control Board meetings.
Thursday, March 5
No change in schedule for the following facilities:
- Municipal Court Building will open as scheduled at 8 a.m.
- Richardson City Hall/Civic Center will open as scheduled at 8 a.m.
- The Richardson Public Library will open as scheduled at 10 a.m.
The following facilities will open at 10 a.m. according to the schedule below due to severe winter weather:
- Animal Shelter
- Heights Recreation Center
- Huffhines Recreation Center
- Senior Center (CLOSED ALL DAY)
- Tennis Center (CLOSED ALL DAY)
The Richardson Gymnastics Center will open and close according to the same operations schedule announced by the Richardson Independent School District.
Residents are encouraged to check back often for updated information on closures and alterations to City services.