The City of Richardson Aquatics Program
The City of Richardson Aquatics program began back in the 1950s when the city opened its first city pool. Since then, the program has seen tremendous growth and now maintains five pools, including the newest addition in 2013, the Heights Family Aquatic Center. With the growth of the facilities, the department has also seen an increased number of employment opportunities ranging from lifeguards to swim instructors to pool managers.
A position with the City of Richardson Aquatics program is rewarding, builds character and has additional opportunities for individual growth. If you are interested in pursuing a position with the city, please follow the links below to read job descriptions and apply to join the team!
Do you have the skills and mindset to join the aquatics team? Do you have a valid lifeguard certification? Click the link to apply for a position!
We require all lifeguards to have a valid American Red Cross Certification. To find a class near you, please visit www.redcross.org and select, 'Aquatics'.
We are constantly looking for fresh faces to join the Aquatics team. We are hiring cashiers, lifeguards, assistant managers, pool managers and swim instructors. Do you want to be a lifeguard and teach swim lessons? Even better! We have many staff that are cross trained to do both.
Find A Job
Must have lifeguard certification (if applying for lifeguard position)
Must be responsible and have a positive attitude
Must be able to provide excellent customer service
- Supervise and maintain the safety of large groups in the water, including children, to ensure health and safety standards are maintained.
- Understand and enforce and policies and procedures regarding facility cleanliness.
- Operate cash register and understand accounting policies and procedures. Take gate fees and make appropriate change.
- Test water chemistry, work with pool chemicals and adhere to appropriate safety measures.
- Attend all required trainings and weekly safety and skill reviews.
- Carry, push, pull, drag and/or hold objects up to 50 pounds (equipment or furniture).
Returning Staff Members
Returning lifeguards will receive a 25-cent raise for every summer they return to the City of Richardson Aquatics Program. In addition, there are opportunities to apply for management positions. While working with the City our staff members have developed the skills to pursue careers in a variety of fields.
Frequently Asked Questions