- Don’t Forget The Award Luncheon Next Monday, June 22th at the Richardson Civic Center. Doors open at 11:00 AM. Hope to see you at the Award Luncheon .
- You have until Wednesday to notify me if you wish to play in the Super Senior Tournament this Thursday, June 18th.
You need to be sitting down when you read this. That person who was you’re playing partner today, wasn’t really you’re partner. If you were real happy with your team score today, well forget it, it didn’t count. If you were not happy with your team results, then you still may have a chance. The Format today was supposed to be a 2-Person Best Ball IN-Flight, but it wasn’t set up that way. After the round today, Mike Fountain assigned you a new partner which is reflected in the results below. (You can view the scoring details here.)
The play today was on Course #2. We had 84 players for our 8:00 AM shotgun start with 4 “No Shows” leaving 42 who had previously cancelled. Be sure to send Mike Fountain an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, prior to 5:00 PM next Saturday afternoon if you do not want to be included in the “No Shows”. Do not call, except on the morning of play, as the Pro Shop has no procedure in place to ensure that Fountain will receive your message.
First Place with a Net 55 (-15)
Second Place with a Net 59 (-11) (3 way tie breaker)
First Place with a Net 56 (-14)
Second Place with a Net 57 (-13)
First Place with a Net 54 (-16)
Second Place with a Net 55 (-15)
First Place with a Net 58 (-12)
Second Place with a Net 61 (-9)
Long Drive, Flight 1 – Bob Coghlan
Long Drive, Flight 2 – Lynn Whetsell
Long Drive, Flight 3 – Walter Laidlaw
Long Drive, Flight 4 – Robert Hoydic
Long Drive, Ladies – Debra Stewart
CTP, Flight 1 – Chuck Armstrong, Dan Linscott, Scott Hunt and Dan Linscott.
CTP, Flight 2 – Bob Scarborough, Jim Belew, Pat McCamy and Ron Aspgren.
CTP, Flight 3 – Cliff Estes, Jay Willis, Richard Muldoon and Walter Laidlaw.
CTP, Flight 4 – Bob Huffman, Robert Hoydic, No One and Andy Lenox.
View Details here.
Next Monday: (In League Play), August 3, 2015. The Format will be a 4-Person Shamble. Format will be Mixed-Flight and played on course #2. Hope to see you for the Fall Season. (If you don’t want to wait that long, send me an email and I will add your name to the Distribution List for the Thursday Group).
Lost & Found:
- A Pebble Beach golf towel was turned in to me after play today. If anyone can tell me what color it is, they can claim it. (Those sitting at my table when it was given to me are InEligible.)
- A golf ball retriever found on May 4th was given to me today. (It’s not Flanagin’s – his has been re-gripped). Contact me if you lost one.
- If anyone found a white sleeveless windbreaker with Riviera CC logo, please contact Fred Leyrer, at (540) 229-9126, or email@example.com. (Last I heard, this had not been turned in from several weeks ago.)
Sherrill Park Golf Course has a weekly newsletter created by Ronny Glanton. Eventually we hope to have some of our league results, pictures, etc. included in this newsletter. You can sign up to subscribe to it or just click on the following link:
To be determined… Need a volunteer.
Please notify me if you will be celebrating your 90th birthday this Fall as we will honor you with a Life Time Membership.
The Snack Shop will again have the Grilled Burgers or Chicken Sandwich, Chips and Drink special for $6. Also, don’t forget the 15% discount for RSGL members on all Pro Shop merchandise.
Mark your calendars:
- The 4th Annual Super Senior Tournament will be on Thursday, June 18, 2015 on Course #2 with an 8:00 AM Shotgun Start. Your family and friends are welcome to join us on this outing. A separate email will be out shortly.
(I Am Now Taking Signups.)
- This year we will again have our Annual Winstar outing after Labor Day on September 9th and 10th. These arrangements will be made later.
If you have any questions, please contact me.
See you next week,
H – (972) 234-6167
C – (469) 766-5668