Richardson Citizen Fire Academy is a program designed for persons living or working in the City of Richardson or RISD area who want to learn more about how the Richardson Fire Department is organized and operates.
Applicants must be 21 years of age or older.
The following topics and points of interest are just a few issues covered in this program:
- Fire Department Organization
- Fire Department Training Programs
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Fire Safety / Prevention
- Fire / Arson Investigation
- Fire Apparatus Operations
- Critical Incident Stress Program
- Emergency Management
- Hands-on Training
- Live Demonstrations
- Participation in a 1 alarm Structure Fire Scenario
- Special Rescue Operations
The Academy is offered once a year and meets one evening per week for 10 weeks in the spring.
The Academy meets at the Richardson Training Center, 1621 E. Lookout Dr., east of Plano Road (past the old Owens Sausage).
Complete an application and email to FMO@COR.gov or mail or drop off to:
Richardson Fire Department
Fire Prevention Division
136 N. Greenville Ave.
Richardson, TX 75080
For more information: Contact the Fire Prevention Division at 136 N Greenville Ave., 972-744-5750.
APPLICATION PERIOD FOR SPRING 2017 IS NOW OPEN!
Click here for an application.