The Richardson City Council on Monday officially adopted a Statement of Goals for the 2013-2015 session as well as a vision statement and strategies to achieve the goals. The Council met with a representative from SDI Consulting over the course of several months to draft the goals.
The goals are:
- For Richardson to be a place where people are proud to live, work, and engage in the community
- To have stakeholders choose Richardson as the best place to invest
- To increase City revenues without raising the tax rate, and to reduce costs while maintaining and enhancing city services
- To have clear, easy to understand processes and policies that make it easy to do business with the City
The Council’s Vision states:
- City of Richardson is a clean, safe, vibrant, and inclusive community in which residents and businesses enjoy a high quality of life and are proud to call “home.”
- All of our stakeholders enjoy superior, responsive city services. Our accessibility, and the quality and variety of our amenities, recreation opportunities, green spaces, housing options, education opportunities, retail choices, and transportation options are locally and nationally recognized
- We have a thriving, diverse business community whose success is supported by a superior infrastructure, access to a talented, well-educated, and engaged workforce, a business-friendly environment, and easy access to the North Texas region
To help achieve the goals, the Council also adopted 17 strategies, which include attracting and retaining targeted businesses, strengthening property values and increasing the sense of community.
City staff members will begin drafting plans, which will be reviewed by the City Council, to implement the strategies and help the Council achieve its goals.
View the goals, vision and a full list of the strategies online at cor.net/councilgoals. Watch the work session presentation at bit.ly/1e1KoT5.